After consultation among Archbishop Kurtz and the other three Kentucky bishops, the Archdiocese of Louisville schools are moving forward with their plans to reopen as scheduled. With this guidance, we at Presentation Academy remain confident that we can reopen safely. Among the protocols we have put in place and communicated to our students, faculty, staff, and families:
• Students, faculty, staff, and visitors will wear face coverings at all times. The only exception is when students are eating during lunch.
• In classrooms, student desks are placed six feet apart, and they all face the same direction.
• All students, faculty, staff, and visitors will undergo a temperature check and health screening before entering the building.
• Traffic patterns in hallways, in stairwells, and between buildings have been altered to allow for greater social distancing.
• Arrival and dismissal times have been staggered to prevent students from congregating in hallways.
Although we feel confident in this plan, we know that there are no guarantees when it comes to this virus. Parents who would prefer that their daughter begin the school year online have the option to do so. Families must commit to a minimum of a two-week period, and Pres Girls must be present (either via Zoom or Teams) for her classes in real time.
Orientation will begin next week, with each class coming to campus individually so that they may practice the new health and safety procedures in smaller groups. Freshmen begin on Monday, August 17, with sophomores, juniors and seniors to follow. All students will be on campus for the first full day of classes Friday, August 21.
While we know there is a lot of anxiety about returning to school, we hope there is also the usual beginning-of-the-year excitement! Despite the challenges that have come with planning for this unique school year, we are ready and excited for the year ahead!
Current Pres parents, if you have any questions about our re-opening plan, contact Marsha Bruder at (502) 601-2165. For more information about enrolling your daughter, contact Director of Admissions Caitlin Maguire ’08 at firstname.lastname@example.org or (502) 494-2156.